Hey guys, it’s Chelsea. So I’m going to try and do a latest buzz every Monday. Just a quick refresh on stories you may have missed while sleeping or working!
Dodgers and Lindor. A possible match made in heaven?
- Sources say the Los Angeles team could pursue a trade to land Francisco Lindor in the offseason. Unfortunately, this means Corey Seager could become a trade candidate to the land of Cleveland shortstop. Both Lindor and Seager will be eligible for free agency after the 2021 season which is something to keep in mind when looking at both men.
Wanted: Pitching Coach for New York Yankees.
- The Yanks are seeking a new pitching coach for the 2020 season after cutting ties with Larry Rothschild, who had been with the NYY since 2011. General Manager Brian Cashman stated that it wasn’t the pitching that cost them to lose the ALCS against Houston, it was situational hitting. There are currently no names being dropped for the position.
Chaim Bloom is looking forward to a blossoming season in 2020.
- The Boston Red Sox named Chaim Bloom the new chief baseball office. The 36-year-old Bloom has been running Tampa Bay’s front office and looks forward to what is to come. Bloom has not made any definitive comments on the futures of JD Martinez and Mookie Betts with the Red Sox.
Bruce Bochy, please come back.
- Astros bench coach Joe Espada and former Phillies manager Gabe Kapler are in the running to replace the iconic Bochy. Third-base coach Ron Wotus is no longer in the running, per sources.
Scrappy Puig as a Free Agent?
- For the first time since 2012, Yasiel Puig will test the waters in the free agency market. While it is quite possible for him to stay in Cleveland, we may end up seeing the bat-licker in new duds by next season.
David Ross? Well, don’t mention him to Andrew Miller.
- Ex-Chicago Cub is now the manager of his former team. Joe Maddon praises the man who replaced him and helped Maddon win a World Series. You may remember him hitting his last career home run off of now St. Louis Cardinal reliever Andrew Miller. Yeah, 2020 is going to be fun to watch.
Photo credit: Getty Images