Chelsea Ladd is a freelance sports writer, lifelong lover of baseball, and the creator of Dugout Dish. She is a member of the United Cardinals Bloggers and IBWAA. Growing up two and a half hours away from St. Louis, you’d expect to hear all about her childhood memories of Mark McGwire and the Cardinals — but she grew up as a New York Mets fan, thanks to a little help from catcher Mike Piazza.
While she does appreciate all 30 teams, her favorites are the St. Louis Cardinals, New York Mets, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.
Chelsea covers Independent Baseball, MiLB, and MLB teams in hopes of promoting the game while pursuing a career in sports journalism.
Chelsea’s writing has been featured in The Paducah Sun and is also the social media coordinator and writer for the Region 1 Sports Report team covering local area high school sports through writing, podcasting, and social media in her local region.
Press and Other Writings.
- KSDK News St. Louis: “Interview | How a passion for baseball and writing led Chelsea Ladd to start Dugout Dish.”
- Romantic About Baseball: “Forbidden Loves: Right Player, Wrong Uniform.”
- R1SR 1/10/2020: “We welcome @chelseabrooke to the R1S team.”
- R1SR 12/6/2019: “Chelsea Ladd sits in again for a Friday of randomness.”
- R1SR 11/23/2019: “Chelsea Ladd from @dugoutdish and the Paducah Sun sits in to talk some Hot Stove League.”
- The High and Inside Podcast: “Dishing about them dugouts with Chelsea Ladd.”
- The High and Inside Podcast: “Dugout Dish creator and podcaster Chelsea Ladd.”
- Everyone Has A Sports Podcast: “Episode 47: Jesus Loves Baseball (With Chelsea Ladd of Dugout Dish.)”
- The High and Inside Podcast: “Listen to this, because what else do you have to do.”